INRIX is looking for a Software Developer to join our IQ Products Backend Team. You will be a driving force in creating customer satisfaction by creating products for INRIX IQ SaaS applications. Our team takes raw data about people and vehicle movement from around the world and using complex algorithms, turns it into informative products for delivery via APIs, SaaS websites and datasets to our customers.
At INRIX, our mission is to help the world avoid global gridlock by empowering cities, drivers, and businesses around the world. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our customers and building products to keep the world moving smarter, safer, and more efficiently.
Who we are looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in production level software development, architecture and design.
- Solid Java skills required and bonus points for SQL, Python and Scala
- Experience working in a cross-team collaborative environment.
- Passion for code quality and reusability.
- Experience developing REST based APIs for internal and external data delivery.
- Innovative. We’re a small company with a broad reach and have to think creatively to make things efficient, deal with the variabilities of the real world, and solve customer problems. Got ideas? We want to hear it.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about dealing with big data and using Spark and EMR jobs to turn raw data into useful information.
- Experience using AWS services like RDS, Elasticsearch, S3, Athena, Lambda, EMR, Spark, EKS, ECR, Cloudwatch, and other AWS technologies strongly desired.
- Strong DB skills (relational, document and key-value) preferred.
- Understanding of SDLC best practices, source control, and commit conventions.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline.
- Work with an amazing team with a focus on being the best and making the world a better place.
- Work to help solve complex real-world problems with big data.
- Free parking (and plenty of it) or a free bus pass if that’s how you like to roll.
- Healthy compensation and benefits package including bonuses, stock, and 401k matching.
- No policy vacation policy (Work hard and take time for yourself).
- A boat on Lake Washington: you provide the boater’s license; we provide the gas.
- INRIX is consistently ranked as one of the top places to work in the Seattle area, and it’s an exciting time to come on-board. We welcome you to join us!
INRIX meets customer demand for analytics about traffic, populations, and trip statistics via our suite of SaaS products including: Roadway Analytics, Trip Analytics, Signal Analytics and Visit Analytics.
- We harness an unmatched collection of historic and real-time global GPS data from connected cars, fleet vehicles, and mobile devices.
- Our customers include cities, states, countries and enterprise corporations.
- We provide complex analysis across huge data sets with ambitious lead times.
- We help transportation managers analyze commutes, manage congestion, and fix traffic signals.
- We help cities track freight movement, plan public transit, and reduce the impact of construction.
- We help businesses understand where their current or potential customers come from.
Read More:Senior Software Developer – Mobility Analytics (Java)