Our JSE listed client in the financial industry is looking for a Senior Certified PL/SQL Oracle Developer be based in Sandton.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs adhering to Company Insure processes, standards and guidelines, taking cognisance of performance, security and scalability
- requirements. Deliver within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with relevant parties where clarification of business requirements or resolution to technical issues is needed
- Research and find effective solutions to technical issues that arise
- Estimate development timelines based on business requirements
- Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards and procedures. Deliver within
- agreed timeframes
- Conduct unit testing and fix any defects found
- Verify build stability and quality with development team before releasing to test team, aiming to release with zero defects
- Assist the Business analyst in ensuring the test pack includes relevant scenarios and test data.
- Consult and assist in reviewing risk / impact of defects found in testing, and assist with fixing where necessary
- Assist system users with technical support issues and handle according to defined procedures
- Ability to effectively analyse root cause of system errors (data errors, performance and stability issues)
- Actively coach other developers to understand and apply the Insure coding and architectural standards correctly, as well as any technologies in use
- Perform code review to ensure logical correctness, maintainability, scalability, performance, compliance with architectural standards and frameworks
- Assist in identifying training needs of team members
Experience and requirements
- Completed IT Degree required
- Oracle Certified Professional – Advanced PLSQL developer advantageous
- 5 – 7 years of consistent experience in the listed core competency areas.
- Working knowledge of Software development within SDLC
- Unit Testing
- Data modelling and design of database structures
- Data Modelling specifically related to OLTP
- Dynamic SQL
- SQL and PLSQL performance tuning
- Report writing
- Java SE
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- Dynamic SQL
- Java SE
Read More:Senior Oracle Developer – IT-Online