Power BI Developer an excellent career opportunity
If you’re a computer science student looking for opportunities, then you have full-stack development, front-end development, data scientists, AI engineers, data analysts, information security analysts as career options, right? But apart from this, you can also aspire to become a Power BI developer too.
Power BI tops the list of popular tools due to its ease and interactive visualization. It offers self-service analytics capability to let end-users create reports and dashboards. The possible career opportunities of the Power BI that are high in demand are, Power BI developers, Power BI consultants, and Power BI analysts.
A Power BI developer is hired to design and develop BI reports and for providing insights to improve decision-making. The role of this developer requires him/her to have wide knowledge over business intelligence, data integration, data warehousing, modeling, database, and technical aspects of BI tools.
Power BI role can be in demand as the global intelligence market size is expected to grow by US$ 33.3billlion by 2025 at a 7.6% CAGR during the forecast period. Here are things to know about a Power BI developer.
What is the Salary of a Power BI Developer?
An average power BI developer can earn up to ₹5 Lakh per year. The entry-level positions start from ₹3 Lakh, while the experienced workers make up to ₹10 Lakh annually. Many companies such as Cognizant, Capgemini, TCS, Infosys, Mindtree, and Accenture are hiring Power BI developers now.
- Power BI Report development.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business intelligence.
- Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals.
- Capable of implementing row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Should have an edge over making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Expert in using advanced-level calculations on the data set.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentaries.
- Should be able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse standards.
- Very good communication skills must be able to discuss the requirements effectively with the client teams, and with internal teams.
Required Skills for Power BI developer
- Mandate to have experience with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau, and SAP.
- Must have 2-3years of experience in data-specific roles.
- Knowledge in Microsoft BI Stack
- Grip over data analytics
- Should possess software development skills
Top BI Platforms
|Microsoft Power BI||Can create data experiences, gain insights from your largest BI deployments, and help in decision making.|
|Tableau Software||Help understand data, its visual analytics platform aids in problem-solving.|
|Qlik||Capable of turning raw data into outcomes with end-to-end, multi-cloud data integration, and analytics solutions.|
|Pentaho||Helps in data integration, OLAP services, reporting, information dashboards, data mining, and extraction of insights.|
|BIRT||It provides reporting and business intelligence capabilities for rich client and web applications especially based on Java and Java EE.|
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author
Read More:Power BI Developer: Roles and Responsibilities along with Salary