|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
As a junior web developer you’ll have a keen eye for design. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimising web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
As a front-end developer at Fishgate, you’ll be responsible for the design and functional execution of the work by bridging the gap between design and development. You’ll need to understand the user needs and have a strong foundation in UI/UX, coding and designing for the web. Collaborating with the development and creative teams, you will also create the functionality of all digital client communication tools (Mailers and Social Media based content).
The following key responsibilities will form part of your role at Fishgate and are applicable across all well known web-based platforms.
- Produce a range of digital marketing materials including responsive websites, landing pages, email campaigns, UI library components, prototypes, templates, etc.
- Collaborate with the developers and creative team to push ideas and the work
- Integrate, code, technology, art, and copy, and ensure brand standards are upheld
- Analyze design requirements and recommend technical solutions
- Understand requirements based on both technical and UI/UX needs; usability best practices; brand and style guides
- Maintain consistently high standards
- Present and communicate project ideas to the creative team
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error-free work that gets results
- Determining the structure and design of web pages
- Ensuring web design is optimised for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use
- Optimising web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Proficiency with PHP is preferable
- In-depth understanding of the WordPress CMS system
- Experience with Divi Builder is preferable
- Experience with building WordPress plugins and extending themes is preferable
- Experience with responsive design
- Demonstrate working knowledge of media queries, flexbox, jQuery selectors and event handlers
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to help with debugging, testing, and performance optimisation of the codebase
- In touch with current development and front-end design trends
A live demonstration of coding skills will be required as part of the interview process.
If your CV does not line up with your demonstrated skills, you will not be considered for the position.
Due to COVID regulations, all interviews will be conducted remotely. Please ensure you have a suitable computer (with mic and webcam) and internet connection.
Posted on 05 Aug 10:18
Read More:Junior Web Developer job, Cape Town, Bellville