- Develop, test, analyse, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
- Write, code, test, and analyse software programs and applications.
- Research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
- Direct software development projects.
Key Duties –
- Define, design, develop, integrate, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications.
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code with an eye towards performance optimization.
- Write secure code and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive data.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
- Improve quality through application of TDD practices.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies; keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects.
- Write technical software requirements as needed.
- Evaluate developer code quality and provide input for performance evaluations.
- Understand client short and long-term goals and recommending a solution.
- Comfortable trouble shooting critical production issues.
- Integrate designs, flows and processes.
- Industrialize solutions with DevOps.
- Pay attention to Software Development process practiced by the team and help improve it, so products are delivered on time with quality following an Agile approach.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by learning, applying and educating team on software best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in Technology or equivalent, other advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ Years experience and a solid understanding of Object Orientated Programming in one or more languages preferably C# OR Java.
- 3+ Years experience with
- Dependency Injection
- Object-Relational Mapping
- Object Mappers
- Web API (OData & REST)
- Testing Frameworks
- Strong Front-End development skills using frameworks like Bootstrap & Angular.
- Test Driven Development using both front-end and back-end unit testing frameworks.
- Experience in relational database management systems using Microsoft SQL Server, including Data Modelling and creating relational databases using T-SQL & stored procedures.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including continuous integration & delivery using DevOps tools like Git, TFS & Octopus Deploy.
- Experience in working in Agile teams.
*Ability to work with an international team with international customers in different time zones.Advantageous
- Mendix rapid application development platform experience highly beneficial, or willingness to learn this platform.
- Cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good communication skills.
- Detailed, accurate, responsive, and inquisitive personality.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Read More:C# Developer at Datafin Recruitment – IT-Online